Thursday, April 19, 2007

Asian-Style Beef Stew with Sweet Potatoes: Family Circle


This was . . . well, it was okay. Not great. A bit too citrusy for my taste, and the yams seemed to have a very bland flavor that did not go well with the rest of the rather flavorful stew. Not bad though. I wouldn't say "don't make it". Just a bit unexciting.

-Jess

alterations:
-yams instead of sweet potatoes. I think. I tend to get them mixed up.
-I used beef ribs, boiled with the soup, instead of chunks of beef. After the meat cooked, I took it off the bones, chopped it up, and put it back in. I think this did add a bit to the not-so-stellar flavor of the stew (made it too greasy). If you make it, take their suggestion about the meat, and it'll probably be pretty good.
-I put in extra ginger. 'Cause we like ginger hereabouts.

No comments: