Wednesday, March 14, 2007

farmhouse crackers: Cooking Light




If you look closely in the previous post, you can see these crackers on the plate next to the colcannon soup (almost overwhelmed by chunks of honeydew melon).

The crackers were more of a success than the soup, I think. We ate them with butter, as the recipe suggests, and they were great dipped in the colcannon.

Nice and crispy (I thought "oh, that's why they call them 'crackers'" as I cracked one in pieces to feed to my infant son), with a faint hint of dairy richness (the recipe calls for both butter and whipping cream). I wish I'd followed my initial impulse to sprinkle them with salt before sticking them in the oven though.

We're going to try the leftovers tomorrow with peanut butter and jelly. Mmmmm!

-Jess


Alterations:
-NONE! (unless you want to be picky about the fact that I didn't roll the dough into an exact square. :D )

No comments: