Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mummy's Brown Soda Bread: Cooking Light


Dinner at our house tonight, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, was corned beef, cabbage and this soda bread recipe from Cooking Light.

First good thing about this recipe: it's easy. For a bread recipe. No rising, hardly any kneading.

And, verdict? Yummy. Very yummy, but mine ended up squishy and slightly raw in the middle. The crust, however, was one of the best crusts I've ever tasted. So, next time, I think I'll make this recipe into two smaller loaves, which should get rid of the mushy middle, and give us even more yummy crust.

(The squishy middle, btw, might have been due to my oven, which is a cantankerous beast, or possibly to the fact that I substituted yogurt for buttermilk.)


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
-Jess

No comments: