Sunday, June 17, 2007

cauliflower curry


First, I feel I must warn you: this makes a LOT of curry. We had it on Thursday for dinner, and we're still trying to mop up the leftovers. I think I'm going to actually end up throwing some away, and that hardly ever happens around here. Lots and LOTS of curry, folks.

Second, the instructions for this (see last week's Menu Plan Monday post for the link) are a bit confusing, because they don't list the ingredients in the order that they're used.

Third, this is really good curry. Who knew vegetables could taste so good? 'Cause that's what this is: lots and lots of vegetables. (Lots and LOTS.) Lots and lots of vegetables, some curry powder, a bit of broth and some coconut milk. The coconut milk adds a rich texture that saves this from feeling like, you know, just lots and lots of vegetables. I was surprised when I realized that it was vegan, because it had a much nicer feel in the mouth than a lot of vegan food does.

And the kids ate it.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: