Monday, June 4, 2007

Tortellini with Spinach Pesto: Better Homes and Gardens


This one didn't make it onto Menu Plan Monday, 'cause I was too eager, and made it before I meant to. Especially given that it contained fresh spinach, I wanted to make it while the spinach (and everything else) was still fresh.

And the conclusion: what a great way to use fresh spinach! As my husband raved, "You can't even taste it!" :) This, despite almost four cups of the stuff in the recipe.

While he didn't like the baby pattypan squash in the dish, I did, which expands my toleration of squash a millimeter more. (You can feed me butternut, but oh zucchini, come not near me!) Also? The kids loved it. Especially our one-year old, who shoveled it all in and squawked for more.

We're definitely making this one again.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

alterations:
-I used dry mini cheese tortellini instead of fresh ravioli. This might have contributed to my one-year old's approval of the dish.
-I used just plain ol' Caesar instead of Caesar Parmesan vinaigrette.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing it!


MJ

Ashley said...

Yay, a use for my fresh basil! I'm going to try this soon because I love summer squash.

-Ashley
www.thenickfamily.com